Sunday, October 17, 2010

From a Foodie's Point of View...

      In my world, food always seems to bring people together. It kind of goes hand in hand with the idea of “breaking bread.” Growing up, all birthday and holiday celebrations involved a delicious meal sealed with cake and ice cream. Now as an adult, it all seems to make sense. Even with my friends, when celebrating birthdays, or coming together to listen to and/or resolve a crisis, our thought is always to do it over food - be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

    I mean, who doesn’t get excited over their favorite meal?
After all, isn’t it true that a decadent dessert can sooth all if even only for the moment? I think I have only met one person in my life who doesn’t particularly enjoy the soothing, delightful bliss that scrumptious eateries can bring...and to be quite honest, that was totally weird to me! Surely you’ve eaten something that was so delicious it made u close your eyes, just so you could savor the flavor and enjoy the moment without being distracted... My friend likes to refer to such goodies as  “eat-it-with-your-eyes-closed good.” Who wouldn’t want to experience that?!!! And then share it with all of those they love (assuming there’s enough to share, of course!) But I digress...

    The other day, as I was watching “Soulfood”, I thought to myself that maybe the food is not really what brings us together, but rather the love and traditions we share with our family and friends. However you choose to look at it, I’m going to go ahead with the notion that food may not always brings us together, but it surely keeps us together!

No comments:

Post a Comment