Thursday, April 7, 2011

When What You Get Is Not Quite What You Asked For

       So, you’ve been praying...asking for divine intervention. “Please, send me my prince charming” or “please, send me the woman of my dreams!” Then, suddenly, you meet someone. However, as you size them up, you think to yourself, “I know I asked for ‘the one’, but are you sure this is it?!!”

       I met this new guy, and at first we just stared at each other without uttering a word. I used to see him a couple days a week on my commute home, and there was no real interaction; just stolen glances, but no words.
It should be said that I like my men a bit more ... forward, so in my head, this couldn’t have been what I’d been praying for.) Eventually I broke the ice by starting small talk. Even after our first full conversation I still thought, “He’s not the one”. Then we started to get to know each other better and as time passed, I found that we clicked on so many levels. We get along really well, and even when we disagree, we can laugh about it. So now I’m wondering, could he be the one? Then I looked at him and decided he’s not physically my type. Can I live with that? Am I this shallow? Really?!?

I’ve usually had the pleasure of dating someone that was “my type”. In fact, if you ask any of my friends, I have a “type”. Truthfully, when I think about it, I do kind of have “a type”and he’s not it! Ok, he’s physically not my type, but he’s not bad looking at all, and he definitely has swag! So what’s the problem? I’m still not quite sure this is what I asked for. I know that perfection does not exist. I just wonder if, (dare I say) there’s something “better” out there for me (gasp!). I know, I know, I may have a great thing right here in front of me. That’s what many men would argue is wrong with women today. Do I appreciate the friendship we’ve developed? Yes. Do I love the way he makes me laugh all the time? Yes. I even love the fact that he always smells sexy

       I think something should be said for the fact that all the other guys I dated who were my “type” are a distant memory. So perhaps thinking outside of the box, and trying something different isn’t the worst thing in the world. Maybe I didn’t quite get what I asked for, but maybe what I did get is just what I need... for now.


 Click Here For More On Relationships!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment